I am a professional jazz pianist, arranger and educator based in New York City. I graduated from the Conservatory at Purchase College with a Bachelors Degree in Jazz Piano Performance.
My piano students enjoy having a balance of technique for longevity in their playing and applying these concepts to music that they truly love to play. I customize my lesson plans to include studies into theory and harmony, sight-reading, and learning repertoire to expose my students to all aspects of how music is made. From our first lesson, I aim to create confidence in my students that they can enjoy playing any piece or style they choose.
Students of all ages and skill levels are welcome in my studio - I've worked with children as young as three on to older adults who played music years ago and want to get back into it. I look forward to meeting you and helping you to become a better musician!
When you join my course, I will work with you on:
– Learning to play the piano, even as a complete beginner!
– How to write your own songs and record them professionally
– Understanding music theory in jazz, classical, or pop music
– How to write your own arrangements
– Personalized ear training assignments and exercises you can practice at home
I will construct a personalized lesson plan made for your goals and centered around what you would like to learn. My first priority is giving you the tools so that you can love every aspect of playing music and never feel held back by your skill level. In the past I have helped my students:
– Win the Carnegie Hall Young Solo Competition
– Earn top scores at All State Competitions
– Write, record and mix their own song using Ableton, GarageBand and Sibelius
– Compose film music for competition
I am not only excited for what I can help you with, but what you may also teach me in our lessons. I love exchanging ideas and being introduced to new music by the students I work with.
Only student who have booked can leave a review.