Deciding to teach
List your course
Teaching an online training
Top teacher questions
Teaching an online training
What is Yahzah?
Yahzah is a platform that connects students to online trainings, listed by teachers around the world. Every course is unique and provides students with immersive, live and on-demand classes from the comfort of their homes.
You can teach from home, or nay other space that feels comfortable for you. Yahzah offers an opportunity for anyone to share their hobbies, skills, or expertise with the world, without needing to spend money on renting an office space, acquiring expensive memberships or complex softwares.
You don’t have to pay any service or hidden fees to learn with Yahzah.
Online courses are never the same. They can range from workshops to long trainings, and are available for various skill levels and interests. All trainings are reviewed by Yahzah to make sure they meet our quality standards.
What are the requirements specific to teaching online?
Like in-person or on-site classes, every online lesson must meet the quality standards and be approved by Yahzah. In addition, every online class must meet the following requirements:
Live: Online lessons should happen live for students and not be pre-recorded.
Participation: Online lessons should be interactive between Teacher and Student. This means that students should have the opportunity for some kind of participation at home (e.g. taking notes, doing their own exercises, drawing along with the teacher and sharing their work with each other).
Quarantine-friendly: Students should not need to leave their homes or property in order to take a lesson during these uncertain times. Teachers should comply with all local restrictions with respect to quarantine and/or social distancing measures.
Requirements: Online classes should mention in their description, what students require to take their lesson effectively and be able to participatefrom their homes.
Respect other people’s work: Teachers should not use music, books, video, art, or other copyrighted works that they didn’t create without securing the necessary rights, licences, and permissions.
When using the teaching platform, teachers should not:
- Use their account or listings created for their online courses for anything other than sharing their skills or expertise.
- Record (including audio or video) live sessions of their class, if the student has not given permission to do so.
- Take or share photos or screenshots of their online class without the permission of all students.
- Teachers may not take or share any photos or screenshots when children are in attendance, regardless of whether they have permission. There are no exceptions.
When students are late, teachers are allowed to:
- Close their online session. Students won’t be able to receive a refund according to our Students Refund Policy, but will still be able to leave a review.
- Teachers will be able to dispute any students reviews, related to situations where the student was late and didn’t contact the teacher beforehand.
To ensure the privacy and safety of our Yahzah community, teachers should not:
- Collect, ask, or encourage students to reveal personally identifying or contact information (e.g. email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses/locations).
- Discuss, ask, or encourage others to discuss health information (e.g. whether they’ve been tested, if someone in their family is sick, etc.).
- Target children as the audience for their online training, or use a child as a teacher or co-teacher of the lesson.
- Allow a minor (under the age of 18) to attend the online training without a parent or guardian present.
Online lessons that don’t meet any of the above requirements may be removed from Yahzah.
What should I include in my online listing?
Teachers often include things like free level assessment and digital files in the price of their lessons, but it’s completely up to you. Just make sure to mention very clearly in your listing description what is and isn’t included in your online course.
For example, if you’re teaching Photoshop for beginners, you might choose to include a digital file that will be used during the lessons. You might also want to mention if certain things are, like if they’ll need a certain amount of hours to fully master the software or skill. you are teaching.
My city or country are not available when creating my listing, what should I do?
Simply get in touch with us at [email protected] and request for your Country and/or City to be added.